Want to have the advantages of great products and services without spending all the cash? Who doesn’t? There are great alternatives out there. Let me help save you from some of the experimental process!
See my fave picks below:
1. Olay Professional- ProX Advanced Cleaning System: This 2-speed cleaning brush used with the exfoliating renewal cleanser is a beauty bargain. Compare it to the other brand (Ahem, starts with a C)- $29.99 versus $199.00. This will do the same job! Available at most drugstores.
2. Jergens Natual Glow Revitalizing Body Moisturizer: Want a natural glow but not big on self tanning streaks? This gradual tanning cream/moisturizer slowly and subtly colors your skin while disguising imperfections. At $7.99 this product is available at most drugstores.
3. Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Exfoliate and Replenish Advanced Anti-Aging Body Wash: With the drying effects of winter heating dulling up your skin, we need all the help we can get. The exfoliating beads work to slough off dead skin and the moisturizers make skin feel conditioned. Available for $7.99 at most drugstores.
4. Borghese Intensive Eye Serum: This lightweight gel moisturizes and calms swelling in the eye area. Use it under make-up and at night. If you have extra dry skin, you can use it under your regular eye cream. I noticed a difference in fine lines in just one week of use. The best part? You can get two for only $16.99. Available at Costco.
5. Maybelline New York Color Show Nail Lacquer: At $3.99 these trendy shades are affordable enough to play with any shades you were just even curious about! Available at most drugstores.
6. Eucerin Original Lotion: This product gives you that sheen on your skin that looks fabulous on bare legs and arms. This classic formula is an intense moisturizer to boot. About $13.00 at most drugstores.
7. L’Oreal Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner: Love this liner for its ability to give you the intensity of a liquid liner, but with the ease and precision of a pencil. Smudge-resistant formula stays in place for hours. About $8.49 and available at Ulta and select drugstores.
Pssst! A word on hair coloring… I found something out last year that made an immense difference in the health of my hair. I only use hair color purchased in beauty supply stores. They don’t contain metals and therefore don’t damage my hair. These are the products your hairdresser uses and at the same price range as store-bought color- I’ll never buy drugstore hair color again!
On a time budget as well? There are ways to shorten your regime in the morning without skimping on the outcome.
Pick out your outfit the night before. Most importantly, try it on, then lay it out with accessories and shoes.
Shower and wash your hair the night before and apply hair oil on your hair the night before. This will save you the time and the damaging effects of blow-drying in the morning.
Try those sock buns! I admit it, I’m hooked. I can put my hair up and elevate my total style in 5 minutes flat with this product. I use one that I purchased, but you can make your own. Check out this YouTube tutorial on a braided version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3J6_NeUqVc
With my business, and a young daughter at home, I absolutely love saving time and money. I show my clients how to do this as well with personal shopping and making outfits out of what they already own! All it really takes is a little know-how and planning to make your life more efficient, and beautiful!
The choice is always yours, make it a good one!
P.S. If you have any great suggestions on products that you use, please comment below!